Here’s hoping…

October 2, 2008

Matilda went into heat yesterday right on schedule and the AI tech came this morning.  Matilda stood pretty still for the procedure, and the tech said she “felt good”.    October 23rd is her rebred date, and I am so hoping that will not be necessary!   If that date passes without signs of her coming into heat then I will draw blood for a pregnancy test on the 3rd of November.

On my way back up to the house I noticed that one of my does, Molly, that I thought was bred and due in November is very much in heat.  If I let her in with the Buck today that would put her due date March 1st which would be too close to our vacation.  So she will have to wait for next month.

And so goes the reproductive life cycle on a ranch.  🙂


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: